The Office of the Student Affairs and Services (OSAS) is responsible for the development and implementation of various programs and services that focus on the nonacademic aspects of the student’s life in the Institution.
Student Assistance Program
DCT also provides grants to deserving students via Student Assistance Program. Qualified students who would like to study and work at DCT at the same time may avail this program.
Student Assistants are assigned to different offices/departments within the school to do certain school service; e.g. answering inquiries, do filing jobs, assisting in laboratory, library or faculty room, and data encoding. In exchange, student is entitled for a full tuition fee discount.
Rules on Student Assistance Program
- Applicant must satisfy the following conditions:
- Currently enrolled with residency of at least one (1) semester.
- GPA earned from previous semester must not be lower than 2.50, without failing marks in any subject including PE and NSTP.
- Has not been subjected to any disciplinary action.
- Student availing this program is advised not to immediately pay the whole required fees until the approved discount is applied.
- Application is filed within the first month of the current term. No Application of Academic Scholarship will be allowed after the first month of classes.
Applicant must submit the following requirements upon application:
- Fully accomplished Application Form to be secured from the Administration Office
- Recommendation Letter of the Department Head
- Copy of Grades in previous term
- Certificate of Good Moral Character to be issued from the Registrar
- Copy of Class schedule
- Upon approval, the guardian acknowledge the appointment by signing the copy of Student Assistant.
- The Appointment is valid for one (1) semester only.
- Once the scholarship has lapsed, the student may re-apply for a new Appointment. But he must be subjected to a performance evaluation.
Slots are limited and the screening process is very strict. The Office of the Student Affairs (OSA) handles all applications for this program. The OSA evaluates all applications and forwards his recommendations to the Administrator
Rules and Terms on Student Assistant Program may be waived upon the approval of the President or the Vice-President through the recommendation of the Department Heads, or the Office of the Student Affairs.