The College of Education (CEd) envisions itself as a center for creatively established teacher education programs contributing its full share to the development of Christian Filipino educators as exemplars of academic excellence and outstanding educational leadership.
PROGRAMS AND OUTCOMES – TEACHER EDUCATION
Teacher education graduates should be able to:
- Articulate the relationship of education to larger historical, social, cultural and political processes.
- Facilitate learning using a wide range of teaching methodologies in various types of environment
- Develop alternative teaching approaches for diverse learners
- Apply skills in curriculum development, lesson planning, material development, instructional delivery and educational research and assessment
- Demonstrate basic and higher levels of thinking skills in planning, assessing and reporting.
Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEED) Generalist (CMO No. 74, s. 2017)
A graduate of Bachelor of Elementary Education should be able to but not limited to, depending on the track /specialization:
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the development of elementary learners
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge of various learning areas in the elementary education
- Create and utilize materials appropriate to the elementary level to enhance teaching and learning
- Design and implement assessment tools and procedures to measure elementary learning outcomes
Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSED) English and Mathematics (CMO No. 75, s. 2017)
A graduate of Bachelor of Secondary Education – English and Mathematics should be able to but not limited to, depending on the track /specialization:
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the development of adolescent learners
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge of various learning areas in the secondary curriculum
- Create and utilize materials appropriate to the secondary level to enhance teaching and learning
- Design and implement assessment tools and procedures to measure secondary learning outcomes
Certificate in Professional Education (CPE)
The program aims to help non education program graduates who want to take 18 units of Teaching Methodologies, take the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) and become Licensed Professional Teachers (LPTs). The CPE program is modular and open to employees of DCT and professionals from other institutions and different working environments. It covers six subjects based on clustering of courses by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
A completer of Certificate in Professional Education should be able to but not limited to, depending on the track /specialization:
- Apply theories and principles of teaching and learning for effective facilitation of instruction.
- Design a learning plan
- Use various teaching approaches, methodologies, strategies and techniques in their lessons considering the teaching and learning styles
- Apply the principles of selecting and utilization of instructional materials
- Apply different classroom management principles and approaches
- Build partnerships in the community
- Reflect and practice the Code of Ethics for Professional Teachers and the domains/strands stipulated in the new Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST).