The College of Computer Studies (CCS) is an educational institution committed to its three-pronged vision of continually sharing knowledge and expertise through teaching, engaging in computer science research and information technology product development, and rendering service to communities in need.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) (CMO No. 25, s. 2015)
The College of Computer Studies (CCS) started last June 2009. The program aims to give the students an edge to gain extra skills in the field of Information Technology in order to become globally competitive. Adhering to schools mission, the college is also committed to the holistic formation of the person, the promotion of truth and transformation of values for a life of dedicated service to humanity.
The College prepares the students with broad, integrated IT knowledge which includes communications, computer networking, computer-based systems, database management, software development, website development, multimedia and electronics. Students learn current and emerging technologies, design user-friendly interfaces, apply new technologies. We are also committed to form young people to be authentically God-loving Christians; and, to produce citizens who will be effectively contributing and valuable members of the society.
A graduate of BS in Information Technology should be able to but not limited to, depending on the track /specialization:
- Apply knowledge of computing, science, and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- Analyze best practices and standards and their applications
- Analyze complex problems and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to the solutions.
- Identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems
- Design, implement and evaluate computer-based systems, processes, components or programs, to meet desired needs and requirements under various constraints
- Integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment effectively
- Apply knowledge through the use of current techniques, skills, tools and practices necessary for the IT profession
- Function effectively as a member or a leader of a development team recognizing the different roles within a team to accomplish a common goal
- Assist in the creation of an IT business plan
- Communicate effectively with the computing community and with society at large about complex computing activities through logical writing, presentations and clear instructions.
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing information technology on individuals, organizations and society
- Understand professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities in the utilization of information technology
- Recognize the need for and engage in planning self-learning and improving performance as a foundation of continuing professional development
Career Opportunities for BSIT
- Computer Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
- Content Management Officer
- Computer Encoder
- Computer Technician
- Network Manager
- Graphics Designer
- Call Center Agent
- Business/Systems Analyst
- Project Management
- Systems Administrator
- Database Administrator
- IT Instructor